General Terms & Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply however regional circumstances and regulations, contractual obligations to suppliers, and matters relating to location, product type and supply logistics may cause these to be varied slightly for specific products, or specific destinations. These amendments and alterations are shown in the Terms and Conditions sections of each web site, and should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions shown below.
Standard Cancellation Policy
- All Bookings cancelled inside 30 days prior to travel are non-refundable.
- Deposited bookings cancelled 30 or more days prior to travel - The $100 deposit is non-refundable PLUS you will be charged any cancellation fees that are levied by the hotel, airline or other suppliers.
- Fully paid bookings cancelled 30 days or more prior to travel - The $100 deposit is non-refundable PLUS you will be charged any cancellation fees that are levied by the hotel, airline or other suppliers.
Cancellations must be in writing and should be addressed to the consultant handling the booking.
Flight Cancellation Policy
- Flights booked through Distant India Journeys are governed by the terms and conditions of the airfare you purchased and are determined by the Airline (not Distant India Journeys).
- In most cases, airfares are fully non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Airline charges or part or full cancellation fees may apply to your particular airfare.
- A Travel Consultant will help you wherever possible within these terms and conditions.
Special Cancellation Conditions
Certain accommodation and tour products will apply additional cancellation charges. These cancellation conditions and costs are located under the pricing on the individual pages and will be clearly advised to you in writing at time of booking.
Change Of Itinerary After Holiday Has Commenced
Any alteration or cancellation of services after your holiday has commenced can incur penalties. There is no refund for unused services.
A $100 processing fee applies to all approved refunds. No refunds will be made for services once travel arrangements have commenced. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
Reporting of Incidents
Any abnormal incidents including injuries, service problems, cancellation of a service or dissatisfaction must be reported to Distant India Journeys during the event to allow us an opportunity to rectify the situation or provide assistance.
Note: VISA IS COMPULSORY TO TRAVEL TO INDIA FOR ALL FOREIGN NATIONALS.